Forum - View topic - .410 Dumonthier Walking Stick Shotgun.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
.410 Dumonthier Walking Stick Shotgun. 

Post .410 Dumonthier Walking Stick Shotgun.
I have owned this walking stick shotgun for some 27years. It has been and still is listed on my SG cert. In November 1992 I was informed by my FAO that as from the 1st January 1993 as a result of the new regulations, Firearms Act (amenment) Regulations 1992 this walking stick shot gun on their records Became a prohibited weapon, that is to say, a weapon which cannot be held except under a Sec 5 permit. However I was also informed that the regulations did not prohibit the possession,purchase, or aquisition of disguised firearms by recognised collectors ( either individual or museums) or muesums whos museum firearms licence allows them to do so without a sec 5 authority. As a result I would have to sell it or give to an authorised possessor, remove it from thr EC, have it deactivated or surrender it to the police. At that time I put forward an sufficiently convincing argument that I was a collector for the FAO to put the .410 back on my SGC.

The time has now come for me to move it on as I have been unable to add to my collection.

I have approached a well known sporting gun auction sale house who have informed me that the weapon is illegal and should be surrendered to the police.

There is a wealth of very good sound experince on this forum. I would greatly appreciate any advice forthcoming.

Vaqgabond.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:07 am
Profile Send private message

Post Re: .410 Dumonthier Walking Stick Shotgun.
If you want to keep this gun as part of a collection you must apply to the chief constable for a Additional Statutory Conditions to be added to your shotgun certificate .This allows you to keep a disguised gun as a another object providing that it is kept or exhibited as part of a collection and not used,this only applies to this type of gun where armunition can be readly purchased .Disguised guns that are of a obsolete calibre can be kept without this additional conditions.
Tubelock

Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:49 am

Tubelock, Thankyou for your prompt reply. I have the appropriate additional statutory condition on my SGC. That is why I have been able to keep it since 1993. The point is I now wish to dispose of it, but the question is how. It would be a shame to deactivate it or hand it in for destruction if there is someone out there who knows of a possible collector. That is assuming the law hasn't changed again since 1993.
Vagabond.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:14 pm

You can only dispose of it to a person with an Additional Statutory Condition Has you will know these are few including Auction Houses and Gun Shops .If you do find someone then it will be best to transfere it as man to man.,it can not be sent to a RFD if he does not hold the necessary documents.If it is hauled by carrier the same applies and the cost is £30+ per mile
Tubelock

Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:35 pm

Tubelock, Thank you again for your prompt reply. I will let you know the outcome in due course.

Vagabond

Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:50 pm

Try Southams Auction House of Oundle they might be able to take it.
Tubelock

Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next